A highly reliable bacteria to create balanced sour beers
SafSour LP 652™ has been specifically selected by Fermentis for its capabilities to provide tropical, citrus and fruity notes when use in kettle souring. Giving a nice freshness to the beer, SafSour LP 652™ is a homofermentative lactic acid bacteria.
Ideal for kettle sour beer recipes.
Ingredients: bacteria (Lactiplantibacillus plantarum); maltodextrin as a carrier
SafSour LP 652™ sensory features
SafSour LP 652™ provides fresh tropical, citrus and fruity notes and is ideal for kettle sour recipes.
SafSour LP 652™ technical features
Dosage / Temperature
An optimum dosing rate of 10 g/hL provides a lactic fermentation within 24h – 48h.
It is recommended to pitch directly into the non-hopped wort at the temperature of 37°C.
- SafSour LP 652™ acidifies non-hopped wort within 24h – 36h at a temperature range of 37°C (+/- 3°C).
- SafSour LP 652™ as homofermentative lactic bacteria produces mainly lactic acid and a low amount of acetic acid.
- SafSour LP 652™ presents a low tolerance towards iso alpha acids (half of the SafSour LP 652™ growth’s is inhibited, IC50 of 5 ppm).
- SafSour LP 652™ reaches a final pH of 3,2 – 3,6.
- SafSour LP 652™ releases tropical, citrus and fruity notes with a freshness sensation
- Viable cells at packaging: > 1011 UFC / g
- Total bacteria*: < 10000 UFC / g
- Acetic bacteria: < 1000 UFC / g
- Coliform: < 100 UFC / g
- Wild Yeast non-Saccharomyces*: < 1000 UFC / g
- Mold: < 1000 UFC / g
Storage must be done in cool temperatures (< 4°C/39,2°F) and in dry conditions.
18 months from production date (see printed information on the sachet).
- Be sure to keep the product at 4°C (39,2°F) or below.
- We strongly advice users to make fermentation trials before any commercial usage
Product transportation can be carried out at ambient temperature ideally not more than 30°C (86°F) for prolonged periods of time, i.e maximum 14 days. Peaks of up to 40°C (104°F) are allowed.
Fermentis dry brewing yeasts are well known for their ability to produce a large variety of beer styles. In order to compare our strains, we ran fermentation trials in laboratory conditions with a standard wort for all the strains and standard temperature conditions (SafLager™: 12°C for 48h then 14°C / SafAle™: 20°C). We focused on the following parameters: Alcohol production, residual sugars, flocculation and fermentation kinetic. Given the impact of yeast of the quality of the final beer it is recommended to respect the recommended fermentation instructions. We strongly advise users to make fermentation trials before any commercial usage of our products.