to bring sweetness & complexity to your cider
Ensures a very good assimilation of fructose and excellent for low gravity ciders.
Ingredients: Yeast (Saccharomyces bayanus*), emulsifier : sorbitan monostearate (E491)
SAFCIDER™ AS-2 overview
SAFCIDER™ AS-2 sensory profile
Fresh aromatic profile (apple, citrus) with nice elaborated fruit notes (applesauce) bringing a good overall complexity. Sweet and round mouthfeel.
Please note that those observations are based on French cider recipe trials.
SAFCIDER™ AS-2 technical features
– 10 to 20 g/hl for first fermentation
– Broad fermentation temperature spectrum: 10-30°C (50-86°F).
For all types of sweet and dry ciders from fresh or concentrated apple juices.
Suitable for difficult fermentation conditions and mixes with sugar syrups.
① Direct inoculation:
Pour the yeast on the surface at least 10 times their weight of must (possibly directly on the top of the tank or during tank filling after clarification). Gently stir to avoid or break clumps. Immediately transfer into the tank via a pumping over with aeration (or homogenize tank volume).
② With prior rehydration:
Pour the yeast on the surface of 10 times their weight of tap water at room temperature. Gently stir to avoid or break clumps. Wait for 20 minutes and transfer into the tank via a pumping over with aeration
- Very good settlement strength even with its sensitive to killer phenotype
- Regular to fast kinetic
- Broad fermentation temperature spectrum: 10-30°C (50-86°F)
- Low nitrogen requirements: Ratio YAN**(mg/L)/Sugar(g/L) >0.7
- Good assimilation of fructose
- Maximum initial SO2 level recommended: 100mg/L and low production of acetaldehyde and SO2
- Medium malic acid consumption (up to 0.9g/L)
- Medium 2-phenylethanol and ester producer. Good balance between acetate (amylic) and ethyl (fruity) esters
- Viable yeast > 1.0 *1010 cfu/g
- Purity : > 99.9 %
- Lactic acid bacteria: < 1 cfu /107 yeast cell
- Acetic acid bacteria: < 1 cfu /107 yeast cell
- Pediococcus: < 1 cfu /107 yeast cell
- Total Bacteria: < 5 cfu /107 yeast cell
- “Wild” Yeast*: < 1 cfu /107 yeast cell
- Pathogenic micro-organisms: in accordance with regulation
*EBC Analytica 4.2.6 – ASBC Microbiological Control-5D
The high rate of dry matter of our yeasts assures an optimum storage in its original packaging at a temperature not higher than 20°C (68°F) (during 3 years) and 10°C (50°F) for an extended storage (4 years).
48 months from production date. Refer to best before end date printed on the sachet. Opened sachets must be sealed and stored at 4°C (39°F) and used within 7 days of opening. Do not use soft or damaged sachets.
Each Fermentis yeast is developed under a specific production scheme and benefits from the know-how of the Lesaffre group, world leader in yeast manufacturing. This guarantees the highest microbiological purity and maximum fermentation activity.
Fermentis dry brewing yeasts are well known for their ability to produce a large variety of beer styles. In order to compare our strains, we ran fermentation trials in laboratory conditions with a standard wort for all the strains and standard temperature conditions (SafLager: 12°C for 48h then 14°C / SafAle: 20°C). We focused on the following parameters: Alcohol production, residual sugars, flocculation and fermentation kinetic. Given the impact of yeast of the quality of the final beer it is recommended to respect the recommended fermentation instructions. We strongly advise users to make fermentation trials before any commercial usage of our products.