to maximize the fruitiness of your cider
Ensures a very good assimilation of fructose and excellent for high gravity ciders.
Ingredients: Yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae*), emulsifier : sorbitan monostearate (E491)
SAFCIDER™ TF-6 overview
SAFCIDER™ TF-6 sensory profile
Very high aromatic intensity and complexity towards fresh fruity notes (apple, banana-pear, red, citrus and exotic fruits) combined with interesting elaborated fruit notes (applesauce).
Sweet and round mouthfeel strengthening candy like sensation.
Please note that those observations are based on French cider recipe trials.
SAFCIDER™ TF-6 technical features
– 20 to 40 g/hl for first fermentation
– Broad fermentation temperature spectrum: 10-30°C (50-86°F).
For sweet ciders from fresh apple juices.
① Direct inoculation:
Pour the yeast on the surface at least 10 times their weight of must (possibly directly on the top of the tank or during tank filling after clarification). Gently stir to avoid or break clumps. Immediately transfer into the tank via a pumping over with aeration (or homogenize tank volume).
② With prior rehydration:
Pour the yeast on the surface of 10 times their weight of tap water at room temperature. Gently stir to avoid or break clumps. Wait for 20 minutes and transfer into the tank via a pumping over with aeration.
- Regular slow kinetic
- Broad fermentation temperature spectrum: 10-30°C (50-86°F), ideally 15-25°C (59-77°F)
- High nitrogen requirements: Ratio YAN**(mg/L)/Sugar(g/L) >0.9
- Medium assimilation of fructose
- Maximum initial SO2 level recommended: 50mg/L. Very low production of acetaldehyde and SO2.
- High malic acid consumption (up to 1.4g/L)
- Medium 2-phenylethanol and very high isoamyl acetate (candy-banana) producer.
- Viable yeast > 1.0 *1010 cfu/g
- Purity : > 99.9 %
- Lactic acid bacteria: < 1 cfu /107 yeast cell
- Acetic acid bacteria: < 1 cfu /107 yeast cell
- Pediococcus: < 1 cfu /107 yeast cell
- Total Bacteria: < 5 cfu /107 yeast cell
- “Wild” Yeast*: < 1 cfu /107 yeast cell
- Pathogenic micro-organisms: in accordance with regulation
*EBC Analytica 4.2.6 – ASBC Microbiological Control-5D
The high rate of dry matter of our yeasts assures an optimum storage in its original packaging at a temperature not higher than 20°C (68°F) (during 3 years) and 10°C (50°F) for an extended storage (4 years).
48 months from production date. Refer to best before end date printed on the sachet. Opened sachets must be sealed and stored at 4°C (39°F) and used within 7 days of opening. Do not use soft or damaged sachets.
Each Fermentis yeast is developed under a specific production scheme and benefits from the know-how of the Lesaffre group, world leader in yeast manufacturing. This guarantees the highest microbiological purity and maximum fermentation activity.