PURIFIED & CONCENTRATED FOR PREMIUM VINIFICATIONS OPTIMIZATION
Safizym® Clean is a purified preparation limiting the risk of gustative deviations: The cinnamyl esterase activity is indeed a secondary one that is harmful to the quality of wines because it is responsible, when associated with decarboxylase or reductase activities from yeast origin, for the formation of vinyl-phenols and ethyl-phenols (stable odors, horse sweat…). Enzymatic preparation produced by a selected Aspergillus niger strain.
Safizym® Clean technical features
Safizym® Clean is an enzymatic preparation especially developed for its stability to low pH in musts. Its high concentration and its secondary activities spectrum enable must clarification of all grapes varieties, leading to a strong compaction of sediments.
Using Safizym® Clean is particularly recommended in long ageing red wines vinifications because of its strength to extract polyphenols and its influence on color stability.
- Pectinases* : Endo polygalacturonase (> 2450 PG/g), pectin methyl esterase (> 490 PE/g) & pectin lyase (>70 PL/g)
- Optimum pH: 3.4
- Activity at low & high temperatures (5 to 65°C)
- Rich in secondary hemicellulase activity
(*): method available on demand.
Simultaneous actions on clarification & extraction.
- Hydrolyzes the pectin chains of the must
- Leads to a fast settling down of rough & thin lees, making clarification easier
- Controlled effect allowing maintaining a turbidity and facilitating fermentation
- Allows the extraction of polyphenols, tannins and anthocyanins from the skin of red grapes thus increasing the color intensity and improving their stability.
- Helps the extraction of aromatic precursors of white musts
Organoleptic quality improvement.
- Contributes to softening red wines and enhancing the varietal characteristic of white wines
- CLEAN activity : CinnamyL-Esterase & Anthocyanase Negative
Dilute the wanted dose in 10 times its own weight of water or must. This solution should not be stored more than a few hours. Incorporate the whole volume in the must that needs to be depectinized at the beginning of the tank filling. This supply will be homogenized during a pumping over or using micro oxygenation.
White or rosé vinifications:
Application on free-run juice: 0.5 to 1.0 g/hl
Application on press-juice: 0.5 to 1.5 g/hl
Application before flotation: 0.5 to 1.5 g/h
Application at vatting: 1.0 to 2.0 g/hl
Application in vinomaceration: 1.0 to 1.5 g/hl
Application in cold macerations: 2.0 to 4.0 g/hl
Application on press-wine: 2.0 to 3.0 g/hl
|% Salmonellas:||Absence in 25g of preparation|
|Absence in 25g of preparation Coliforms:||< 30 / g of preparation|
|Escherichia coli:||Absence in 25g of preparation|
|Total germs:||< 5 x 104 /g|
|Inhibitive antibiotic substances:||Negative|
Cartons of 50 security boxes of 100g (Full box net weight: 5 kg).
Cartons of 10 security boxes of 500g (Full box net weight: 5 kg).
This pectolytic preparation is made from a non-genetically modified micro-organism.
Fermentis guarantees an optimum storage of this product during three years in its original packaging, stored at a temperature of maximum 20°C, away from humidity and odorous products. Fermentis guarantees the product complies with the International Oenological Codex until its Best Before End Date in the storage conditions mentioned above.
The quality of Fermentis enzymes is guaranteed by the know-how of the Company Soufflet Biotechnologies.
The data contained in this technical sheet are the exact transcription of our knowledge of the product at the mentioned date. They are the exclusive property of Fermentis-Division of S.I.Lesaffre. It is of the user responsibility to make sure that the usage of this particular product complies with the legislation.